OutSmart is a young, independent company in renewable energies. Our approach is efficiency, automation combined with state-of-the-art technology. With this principle, 35 employees at 2 locations in Germany and the Netherlands take care of solar and wind farms (onshore and offshore) in Northwest Europe and Taiwan.
We support plant owners, fund managers, lenders and wind energy companies from all over Europe in ensuring the highest yield performance and maximum plant safety around the clock. We are proud that our clients entrust us with a power plant fleet with a total capacity of 1.8 GW.
We are looking for support for our IT team. The following topics are waiting for you:
Administration of the local infrastructure of the control room and connected offices as well as the office in the Netherlands.
- Monitoring and support of the hardware and software necessary for the operation of the control room (workstations, image distribution matrix, network management, management of service providers, etc.)
- VPN connections to wind farms and external software solutions (SCADA)
- Support of office systems for all colleagues within the company (laptops, PCs, etc.)
- Administration and support of the Microsoft Office 365 product family
Administration of hardware and cloud-based infrastructure to the wind farm
- Monitoring and maintenance of connections between wind farms and the cloud
- Interface connection to wind farms and other infrastructures
- Setup and support of hardware for the wind farms (buffer servers, firewalls, etc.)
- Support in the management of our cloud service provider
Administration and configuration of software solutions
- SCADA systems and VPN connections
- Software for operation management
- Work safety systems (Permit to Work)
- Development and maintenance of in-house software solutions
IT support for our colleagues and customers
- Troubleshooting hardware and software
- Analysis of errors
- Development and implementation of solutions
- Managing the support of external IT service providers, such as software developers
On-call duty outside working hours
Preparation of documentation
Support with special projects
- Continuous optimisation of the hardware and software set-up
- Creation of business cases for new software or technology
- Evaluation of technology and providers on the market
- Obtaining IT security-related certifications
You ideally have a degree in computer science, business informatics or a similar field of study, or a completed vocational training in IT or administration with at least 3 years of professional experience. Furthermore, you should have the following skills:
- Very good knowledge of network infrastructure
- Very good knowledge in handling and administration of Microsoft Office products
- Good understanding of technical issues and interfaces
- You are decisive, well organised, communicative, a team player and have a service mentality.
- You can independently develop and implement solutions to problems
- Your written and spoken German/Dutch and English are good to very good
- Class B driving licence
What we offer
- A job in an exciting industry with varied tasks.
- You will be part of a young and dynamic team with an open culture of discussion.
- We provide you with attractive work materials
- Flexible working hours and home office
- Cooperation with international customers and service providers
- Company pension scheme option
- Hansefit membership
- Business bike leasing